Renovation Contractor Insurance

Whether you’re an independent contractor or operate with employees, protect your business from potential liabilities with Renovation Contractor Insurance.

Join thousands of Renovation Contractors that are already protected!

Partnership with over 50 leading Canadian insurance companies

Zen Man protected by Renovation Insurance

What is Renovation Insurance?

Renovation Insurance is an insurance policy specially designed for renovation contractors to protect them against specific risks they may encounter, such as third-party injuries and property damage.

Mistakes can happen and potential lawsuits against your business can leave your operations damaged beyond repair. We know what makes your renovation business unique, leave it to us to find the best coverage for you.


What does Renovation Contractor Insurance cover?

As a renovation contractor, your project could range from replacing a bathroom sink to renovating an entire kitchen.  It is important to have insurance coverage specifically designed for the risks you encounter and the equipment you own.

A comprehensive Renovation Contractor Insurance package will typically include the following:

  • Commercial General Liability Insurance:  covers for costs associated with common renovation liability risks, such as third-party injuries or property damage.
  • Tools and Equipment Insurance: covers the cost to repair or replace your tools and equipment due to damage from work accidents (includes vandalism) or loss (includes theft).
    • Business property valued under $1,500 is classified as tools, and anything over is considered equipment.
  • Pollution Liability Insurancecovers third-party bodily injury, property damage and environmental damage due to both gradual and sudden pollution events that occur on a renovation job site.
  • Commercial Auto Insurance: provides financial coverage for any business-owned vehicles along with employees who drive it from accidents, damages, and theft.
  • Commercial Property Insurance: covers for physical loss or damage to your property (rented or owned) and its physical contents due to an external disaster, such as a fire, theft, or vandalism

Who needs Renovation Contractor Insurance?

Whether you offer commercial or residential renovation, there may be risks of third-party injuries and property damage resulting from work-related accidents.

Insurance coverage will provide financial protection should you or your employees be named in a lawsuit.

We’ve insured more than 1,000 contractors. Some of our clients include:


How much does Renovation Contractor Insurance cost?

The cost of insurance for a renovation contractor working on residential projects typically starts at around $450 for a General Liability Insurance policy with a $2M limit.

There are several factors considered when determining a price for your insurance policy package, including:

  • Number of Employees
  • Project type (Commercial/Residential)
  • Years of Experience
  • Location
  • Tools & Equipment Owned
  • Annual and Projected Revenue

Getting insured is quick and easy!

Complete our 5-minute online application form for a free Renovation Insurance quote.

Common scenarios where Renovation Insurance is useful

destroyed office floor

Problem: During the renovation of a commercial office building, one of your subcontractors mishandled heavy equipment, which caused property damages on the ground floor.

Outcome: Your Commercial Liability Insurance would cover the cost to repair the $100,000 worth of property damages.

lumber on fire

Problem: A fire broke out in your warehouse, destroying all of the framing lumber required for an upcoming home renovation project.

Outcome: The cost to replace your damaged equipment amounted to $56,000, which was covered by your Tools and Equipment Insurance policy.

old paint in home

Problem: After removing paint from the interior of an older home, improper disposal of the paint resulted in lead poisoning to the residents.

Outcome: Your Pollution Liability Insurance policy would cover the $250,000 lawsuit that was brought upon by your client.

What our customers friends say about us

Our customers ❤ us, and so will you!
Learn why thousands of Canadian small businesses trust us with their insurance needs.

Ready To Start? Let’s Get a Quote!

Getting business insurance shouldn’t be complicated!

At Zensurance, we simplify the process of getting insurance so that you get the coverage you need, quick and easy!

Our friendly support team is always ready to answer questions, we’re just a click or a phone call away.