Builder’s Risk Insurance

Builder’s Risk Insurance

Are you building a dream home?  Are you doing a significant renovation to your home or commercial space? Protect your dream with Builder’s Risk Insurance while your home/space is under construction.

Join thousands of Canadian businesses that are already protected!

Partnership with over 50 leading Canadian insurance companies

Zen Man Protected By Builders Risk Insurance

What is Builder’s Risk Insurance?

Builder’s Risk or Course of Construction is the type of insurance that protects your building and liability for the duration of the project.

Home and Business owners are often required by the contractor to insure their project with a builder’s risk insurance policy as property claims can be expensive.

The property owner typically requires builder’s risk insurance for the following: new home construction, new commercial build construction, adding a second story or addition on the property, or major renovation projects.


What does Builder’s Risk Insurance cover?

Builder’s Risk Insurance, also known as Course of Construction Insurance, covers the building, construction materials and premise liability in the event of physical loss or damage due to an insured event, such as fire, theft, or vandalism.

A Builder’s Risk Insurance policy covers you from the beginning to the end of the project. We work with you to ensure you are properly covered every step of the way.


Who needs Builder’s Risk Insurance?

Any individual or business looking to build or do major renovations should protect themselves and their property with a Builder’s Risk or Course of Construction policy.

Some of our clients include:


How much does Builders Risk Insurance cost?

When you fill out our online application, we will ask some questions about your business to help better understand your needs. The following factors are taken into consideration when determining the best policy options for you:

  • Project Cost (Hard and Soft)
  • Type of Project
  • Previous Insurance Claims

Getting insured is quick and easy!

If Builder’s Risk Insurance is what you need, request a free quote now.

Frequently Asked Questions about Builders Risk Insurance

What is the difference between property insurance and builders risk insurance?

Builder’s Risk Insurance is a special type of property insurance that covers you for the duration of your new build or renovation project. It may cover buildings under construction, materials on-site, and/or liability in the event of loss or damage due to external causes such as fire, wind, vandalism, explosion, and slip and falls.

Do I need a builders risk policy if I already have contractors insurance?

Yes.  A typical contractor’s insurance policy does not cover buildings under construction.  It is important to cover your building and liability while the property is under construction.

What our customers friends say about us

Our customers ❤ us, and so will you!
Learn why thousands of Canadian small businesses trust us with their insurance needs.

Ready To Start? Let’s Get a Quote!

Getting business insurance shouldn’t be complicated!

At Zensurance, we simplify the process of getting insurance so that you get the coverage you need, quick and easy!

Our friendly support team is always ready to answer questions, we’re just a click or a phone call away.