But that worry-free service you offer your customers should include a comprehensive contractor liability insurance policy to cover accidents, mistakes, or third-party bodily injury and property damage claims.
What Professions Need Christmas Light Installer Insurance?
Many general contractors provide holiday light installations, but other types of professionals or companies do also, including:
- Holiday lighting companies with trained technicians and designers that focus exclusively on holiday lighting installations.
- Landscaping professionals may offer holiday lighting services as an extension of their overall services.
- Licensed electricians with the expertise to safely handle electrical components of holiday light installations.
- Individual handymen, handywomen, or handypersons may provide holiday light installation services, particularly for residential properties.
- Window cleaning and exterior maintenance professionals often expand their services to include holiday light installations since they have the equipment and expertise for working on exterior surfaces.
- Home and building maintenance managers provide various maintenance services and may offer holiday light installations as part of their seasonal offerings.
- Property management companies that manage residential or commercial properties may include holiday light installations as part of their services to enhance the holiday spirit for their tenants.
- Volunteer groups and non-profit organizations might offer holiday light installation services to raise funds or bring holiday cheer to their communities.
Regardless, any profession, company, or organization offering holiday lighting design and installation services to homeowners or businesses should have a valid certificate of insurance before doing so.
Why Holiday Light Installation Insurance Matters
Installing Christmas or holiday lights on a property might not seem like a big deal, but you can’t take a chance on doing that work without business liability insurance. Why? Because one accident or error could threaten your livelihood and assets, such as:
- Third-party property damage: During an installation, if you accidentally damage a customer’s roof, eavestrough, or landscaping, they may seek compensation.
- Third-party bodily injury: If a homeowner or passerby trips over an extension cord or your equipment during installation and is injured, they could sue you for damages.
- Improper installations or faulty wiring: Improperly installed holiday lights could ignite an electrical fire and damage the customer’s property, or in extreme weather conditions, poorly secured lighting could damage a home, building or neighbouring property, leading to a liability claim.
- Customer disputes: If a customer is dissatisfied with your holiday design and installation work, they could file a breach of contract claim against you.
Get Liability Insurance Coverage and Protect Your Finances
Protect yourself and your customers all year round. Get the liability insurance you need from Zensurance.
Use our quick and easy online application to get a free insurance quote. Through our network of over 50 insurance providers, we can get the low-cost protection you need to ensure it’s a happy holiday season and a prosperous new year.