Insurance for chiropractors
More and more people realize the positive impacts of natural alternatives to deal with chronic pains. Therefore, chiropractors are in huge demand right now. And while chiropractors are advocates for wellness, there’s always a chance things won’t always go well. When your business includes hands-on alignment of patients, there is always an element of risk involved.
As a chiropractor, you have unique risks to consider, and we’re here to help protect you. Zensurance has helped over 100,000 entrepreneurs protect their businesses with insurance policies that are right for them.
We’re on a mission to make insurance easy to understand and be transparent about the correct coverage details. Below, we answer the top questions about chiropractor malpractice insurance.
What is chiropractic malpractice insurance?
Chiropractic malpractice insurance (also known as Professional Liability Insurance) is a type of coverage that protects chiropractors and related practitioners against claims related to negligence or errors that leads to treatment-related patient injuries.
What does it cover?
Professional Liability Insurance is a policy that can cover the legal costs and medical fees from claims of negligence that result in causing third-party bodily injury. Common malpractice accidents typically fall within the following areas:
- Failure to attend to a patient;
- Failures in diagnosis;
- Failures in referral or consultation;
- Failure to protect or warn third parties; or,
- Substandard treatment
Many employers provide corporate coverage, but independent chiropractors renting space or travelling to patients’ homes will likely need their own insurance policy.
Additional coverage listed below is recommended for chiropractors who operate clinics or offer their services at multiple locations:
- Commercial General Liability Insurance (CGL), also known as ‘slip and fall insurance,’ General Liability Insurance for chiropractors provides protection against the risks you may encounter during day-to-day business operations, including third-party property damage or bodily injuries. For example, your patient falls off your unstable chiropractic table – they injure their wrist and successfully sue you for bodily injury. Your CGL could cover the legal fees and medical expenses.
- Cyber Liability Insurance is essential coverage for any professional who stores patient information, confidential data or conducts virtual consultations. It covers costs associated with electronic incidents involving your technology systems and patient data, such as incident response and breach management fees. For example, a hacker attacked your online chiropractor booking system and holding your patient’s data was held for ransom. In that case, Cyber Liability Insurance could cover the costs to pay the ransom and any fees required to restore data.
How much does it cost?
There are many responsibilities that chiropractors may have, so that the insurance costs will vary for each professional.
Below are some of the factors that are taken into consideration when determining the actual cost of your premium:
- Years of experience
- Other services provided
- Size of business (Individual or Group Clinic)
- Past claims
We strive to make sure you get an insurance quote that’s precisely right for your business. That’s why we’ve partnered with over fifty insurance providers to offer you a variety of options to suit your business needs at the best price.
Common claims scenarios
Frequently asked questions