Insurance for eyelash technicians
Beauty services make up a multi-billion industry in Canada, but with any big business, there’s always going to be an element of risk.
No matter how many precautions we take, there’s a danger an accident could happen that’s beyond our control, especially when treating the delicate areas around the eyes.
As an eyelash technician, we know your business is unique. We’ve helped more than 100,000 beauty professionals protect their businesses with insurance policies that are designed to cover their needs.
At Zensurance, we’ve made it our mission to make insurance as accessible as possible. We’re here to answer your questions about eyelash esthetician insurance. Read on to find out everything you need to know.
What is eyelash esthetician insurance?
Eyelash extensions are among the many services offered in the beauty industry and require comprehensive coverage.
Our eyelash esthetician insurance policy packages are specially designed to protect lash technicians against specific risks associated with extensions, including equipment- and treatment-related accidents and injuries.
What does it cover?
We recognize that each beauty business is different. eyelash esthetician insurance describes several insurance policies that are combined to provide comprehensive coverage. An insurance policy for eyelash technicians typically includes:
- Commercial General Liability Insurance: Commercial General Liability Insurance (CGL) safeguards businesses against any third-party claims, such as property damage or an injury in the salon, such as a slip-and-fall.
- Product Liability Insurance covers claims alleging that a product distributed, made, or sold by your business caused property damage or bodily injury. Covered damages are often related to a design, manufacturing, or marketing defect, including incorrect labeling or safety advice.
- Commercial Property Insurance protects business premises and the property inside from a covered risk, such as fire, theft, or vandalism. Commercial Property Insurance policies typically include business interruption coverage, which offers reimbursement for income loss following an insured event. An exception would be loss related to a pandemic or government-mandated closure.
Who needs it?
Many beauty technicians ask themselves, “Do I need insurance to do eyelash extensions?” The simple answer is, “Yes!”
All professionals or businesses offering beauty services need to protect themselves against everyday risks with an eyelash extension insurance policy package.
In addition to eyelash technicians, professionals who may benefit from a Beauty Insurance policy include:
How much does it cost?
You can anticipate premiums starting from $500 on an annual Commercial General Liability package with a $2M limit.
When you complete our online application, we will ask you some clarifying questions to provide the best options for your specific business needs. The following factors are taken into consideration when determining the best policy options for you and your business:
- The types of services on offer;
- Training, education, and years of experience;
- Your claims history; and,
- Annual and projected revenue.
Common claims scenarios
Frequently asked questions